The City participates in a State of Tennessee program that helps elderly and disabled citizens below certain income guidelines pay their property taxes.
Generally, you may qualify for state property tax aid for the tax year if:
- You owned and lived in your home in Tennessee
- Your combined 2021 income was $31,600 or less and you meet one of the following qualifications:
- You were age 65 or older before December 31 of the current year
- You are a 100% totally and permanently disabled veteran from a service-connected disability resulting in paraplegia or paralysis of both legs and lower body
- You are a 100% totally and permanently disabled veteran from a combat-related causes or from being a prisoner of war
- You are a widow or widower of a disabled veteran that could otherwise qualify
- You were totally and permanently disabled as rated by the Social Security Administration on or before December 31 of the current year
The deadline for Property Tax Relief applications is 35 days after delinquent taxes. The applications can be turned in at the Finance Dept. at City Hall, 200 W. Fort St. Manchester, TN 37355.