What should I do for a water pipe burst emergency?
If a water pipe bursts at your home, we recommend that you immediately turn off your main water valve. In most cases, there are two to three options: 1) a valve exist on the meter setter located inside the meter box. 2) On newer installations, a valve box is placed on the house side of the meter box which contains an isolation valve and also on newer installations; a valve is place next to the home near the foundation.

If you see conditions such as an open or damaged fire hydrant, water seeping up from underground or other signs that an underground water line may be broken, please report it to the MWSD immediately.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I call for questions about my utility bill?
2. Can I pay my utility bill with a credit card?
3. Where can I pay my utility bill?
4. What does it cost to turn on water service?
5. How do I disconnect from my water service?
6. When does my water bill come out in mail?
7. What should I do in case of water/sewer emergency?
8. What should I do for a water pipe burst emergency?
9. If I had a water leak, am I eligible for an adjustment?
10. I have a sewer backing up, what should I do?